Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Start spreadin the news......"


I have been meaning to write this blog for almost 2 months now....I finally have a free moment, so here goes...

Back in May my husband let it slip that he was "planning something." Well for those of you that don't know me, I HATE surprises and I will go to any length to try and figure it out. My husband made me a deal and said that if I didn't 'snoop' then he would tell me early...promising that it was "worth the wait." So I was on my best behavior, but it was killing me. Fast forward 3 days (5/13/09) to our son's 2nd birthday....the whole family was there while we had a bbq and cupcakes for Ethan. I made a comment to my husband "guessing" what the secret was. (back story: we've been talking about getting 2 new cars....the 4 Runner is getting too small for us, and I want a NICE car...the Saturn just isn't cutting it.) I told him "If you think you're going to get us a new car, and not consult me on it....that's not going to be a good surprise." He smiled..."you're way off" he said.....hmmmm, though I didn't 100% believe him, I started thinking of other things....I remembered my husband making a comment a few weeks back about how he was bummed that the only trip we have been on, as a couple, was our honeymoon to Cancun. That got my brain working......

"We're going back to Cancun?!?!?!?! But I have to get the time off, there is no way I'm getting in a bathing suite right now!!! .....what are you thinking?!?!?!?" I blurted out.

He looked at me, smiled and said "You don't know what you're talking about"...but there was something there, something in his face that made me think that I was close.

We put the kids down to sleep for the night after everyone left... Justin sat me down on the couch and held both of my hands...

"I know you've been wanting another baby for a while now, and I am ready...I want to have another baby to add to our family....BUT there is something I want to do first...." Justin said as he was staring at me.

"I don't want our only trip alone to be our honeymoon....sooo, the hotel is paid for, the flight is paid for, and I even called your boss to get you time off.....we'll be celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary on top of the Empire State Building (Sleepless in Seattle) in New York."

I think that was when I screamed....I thought he was joking...I jumped up and down and kissed him all over his face. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to NYC, and so has my husband. We are def. doing it in style...Non stop flight to JKF for a week in the city, staying at the Crown Plaza hotel IN Time Square.... (balla, lol) I always knew we would go someday, but never dreamed it would be less than 2 months from when he told me.....

There are few people in this world that KNOW me, and KNOW my family....Sure, I blog, but there is so much "behind the scenes" that you don't see or hear... I want to put something out there now.

My husband is honestly, the most amazing person I have ever met. The amount of love his heart can hold, the length he will go to make sure his family has the very best, the strength he has to keep our family together.....it all amazes me. You will NEVER meet a more wonderful Father, Husband, or friend. He is my very best friend....always has been, always will be. For the last 6 years, as a couple, our lives have been a very interesting ride...the good times, the bad times, the scary times, the happy times, but through all of it, he's been there.....for anything I want, or need, he will be there. I love him with my whole heart and soul. I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life...there is no one else in this world I would rather do all of this with...

xoxo,
Cupcake Queen

No comments: