Monday, October 18, 2010

Proud Mommy Moment #112,564,168,453,468,731

So last night I had a MAJOR "Proud Mommy" moment and of course I have to brag. :) Last night Ethan counted to 5 ALL BY HIMSELF! This is HUGE! Ethan currently attends Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy and is enrolled in an "Early Start" SDC Pre-School class. He has been progressing so quickly with all this new interaction with kids his age. In these last few months in school, we are noticing a tremendous improvement verbally. Though we still aren't sure what he's saying all the time (lol), between his signing and trying to sound out words, we are able to have complete conversations with him. It is so amazing because I have never met a child that tries as hard as Ethan. From day 1 he's always had obstacles against him, but everyday he overcomes those obstacles with the BIGGEST smile on his face. I just love my little man!


As for our smallest monster, last night was the first night in her own room! I was a little hesitant, but I totally miss mine and the Hubs late night talks. When you have a child that's a light sleeper, talking is NOT an option (lol). Since Justin's Advertising Firm now has their own office (Future Post to come)he didn't need his home office anymore. So Ms. Brooklyn now has her very own bedroom (YAAAY for not having to share with brother, now I can do the Cupcake theme I wanted for her room!). We moved her bed into the old office and SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Brooks is a pretty good sleeper, but she was still waking up around 3 or 4am for a bottle every night. Last night she slept from 7:30pm till 6am. So excited, so happy, and so proud. Our baby girl is growing so quickly!


And last but definitely not least, our oldest monster... Ally got her first Progress Report home over the weekend. We definitely were not surprised, but she has a 4.0! Ally got 2 A+, 1 A-, and 3 A's! This being her first year in Middle School we were expecting to have to give her a little leeway since it is such a transition from Elementary School. Well apparently none needed (lol). And these are not "easy" classes. Even though she's only in the 6th grade, she is currently enrolled in Pre-algebra!!! I swear to you, she's absolutely brilliant! We always get told that we've raised an exceptional daughter, but truly, she is a remarkable person at heart. You mark my words, she will do great things in this world. I could not ask for a better daughter/BFF. She's my heart and Soul and amazes me every day.

No comments: