Monday, September 13, 2010

What's new Pussy Cat...

So tons of changes had been happening in the Lawler household. Ally, our oldest, started Middle School and Ethan started Pre-school. I'm happy to say both kids are doing very well.

Ally had a bit of a hard time adjusting to Junior High, believe it or not because she is so darn mature. Al had a "falling out" with her elementary school BFF and was having a hard time finding a new group of friends to hang out with. My poor baby girl would come to me, crying, because she didn't know what to do. I'm amazed at how grown up she is. She say's to me "Mom, girls in middle school are so different, they try so hard to be something they're not, and I REFUSE to do that!" OMG I could have squeezed the life right out of her! lol Being that she is so young, to come to such a conclusion...a conclusion that most girls don't come to until they're OUT of High School. I am so proud of the young lady she has become and I'm 100% confident that she is going to make the right choices and impact the world in such a positive way. I just love that girl with all my heart and soul! Ally has now found a new group of friends and is enjoying this first part of her Middle School experience...Thought the new found "attitude" is definate rearing it's ugly head, she is still the same beautiful, loving girl we all know and love.

Mr. Ethan AKA Boog started his SDC Pre-School class the same day Ally started school, and let me tell you, HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES it! I was nervous about bringing him the first day because he has minimal interation with kids his age. So Daddy and I walked him to class and helped him put his backpack and lunch away. I was fully prepared to stay with him on his first day of class but Mr. E, being his normal independent self, made a bee-line to the rest of the kids and started playing right away. We watched him for about 10 minutes and realized he was going to be just fine. We even had to "inconvienience" him to give us hugs and kisses before we left. lol So 3hrs and 45mins later we went to pick up Little Man from school and he was elated...not to see us, but just to be playing with all his new friends. Ethan atually cried when it was time to go home because he didn't want to leave. The selfish part of me was a little sad to see that he didn't want to go, but I was soooo happy that he liked it so much. So proud of our little Boog. :)

So now it's just us and lil baby Brooklyn at home for a few hrs. I LOVE this time with her. Being the parents of 3 children, we def. have to split up our time and attention with all of them, so having this time with her is such a treat. Pretty is 5 months old now and growing like a weed! She's in the 95th percentile for both her height and weight (such a difference after having teeny tiny Ethan)! Pretty is now eating rice cereal mixed w/ Stage 1 baby food, and rolling over onto her tummy. She is def. a Diva though. She seems to think that the world revolves around her. lol

All in all it's a mad house at home, but things are going wonderfully <3

1 comment:

Velvet said...

Great write up Ash! We had a "period of adjustment" to middle school also, which may not be over. More drama than Shakespear! So glad Ethan likes school. I knew he would-same thing I went through with Camden:)